It's been a while since I've updated the blog on family happenings so, for the sake of an archive, I'll post a few sentences.
First of all, I'm still the Assistant Principal at Goynes Elementary School. Because we are going through massive budget cuts in Nevada, I'm not suree how long this job could last. There are negotiations happening at the moment but I don't think they'll be completed by the time the state budget has to be balanced. I have a few options . . .
1. Hold out with my current positions. The possible outcomes are that I'll get RIF'd (Reduction in Force) and be sent home. They will notify me if and when there is another administration job available. Another option is that I'll get RIF'd and I'll get reassigned to another administrative position somewhere in the district. The final option is that I'll get RIF'd and assigned to a teaching job somewhere in the district (with a $15,000 pay cut).
2. Self-demote myself. I can contact the district to self-demote and I will be placed in a currenttly available teaching position - with a$15,000 pay cut. I will at least be guaranteed a job in the district; however, if I want to go back into administration, I must start over. I don't know if that means I have to start over with going through the 6 months + of Leadership or if I'll just have to start the interview process again.
3. Leave the state and look for another principal position somewhere else. The downside is that I lose 20 years of seniority in Nevada.
4. Look for a job outside of education. Hmmmm. . . . really??? What am I truly qualified for other than what I'm currently doing?
What to do? What to do??? I wish I had a crystal ball to show me what the future holds!
Bill has got his computer repair business officially up and running! I'm so proud of him! His website is awesome so we hope that this will bring in business for him. www.udamanpc.com
He has done so much research along the way and had to learn how to do web design as he was creating his webpage, but it was all worth it! He actually discovered that there are no ads connected to Best Buy and what do people search for when they have computer problems??? Best Buy of course! So when you search for Best Buy on Google, you'll see Udaman PC is the only ad off to the right. Cross your fingers and hope this will connect him with the world of computer repairs!
The girls are busy with school. Ciara has been working on lots of projects for high school. She is trying to change out of her main area of study (teaching) to move into the medical program. Serena is doing well in school also and keeps busy with Girl Scout activities. We just spent two hours yesterday, standing in the freezing cold wind, selling cookies outside of Albertsons.
Finally, we still are housing a small zoo here at the Jefferson home - Dakota (a.k.a. The Devil), Pepper (who sleeps most of the day and lays as close as possible to anyone near her), Tarzan (the biggest cat that walks the planet), and the one killer fish swimming in the tank (who has recently eaten everyone else in the tank).
So . . . that was a moment in the lives of the Jeffersons. Check back often for more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment