This past week has been a whirlwind! Last Monday I was offered a job as principal of Somerset Academy of Las Vegas! I was so excited to be offered the position! It all started about two months ago when I was contacted by the one of the members of the board of directors. She called to see if I would be interested in coming in to meet with them. She had heard great things about me and thought I might be a good fit for the school. We met for several times over the next two months and they even flew me out to Miami to tour some of their other charter schools that have been very successful in Miami Dade County.
We have already had two parent meetings and are hoping to get between 400 - 500 students interested in attending next year! The management company is looking at building a new facility for the school, but it won't be completed in time for the 2011/2012 school year so we will have to be housed in a temporary location. I was sent the plans for the new building last week and I'm so excited to be able to offer input into what I think the building should have. There are so many things to consider. . . separating the elementary from the secondary . . . having enough bathrooms and staircases . . . having classrooms large enough to accommodate 25 students in the classroom.
The board is all very nice and I hope to have a great working relationship with all of them. They are all very kind people who just want a better option for their children's education. I hope that I am able to offer that to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment