06 September 2008

9 Down . . . 171 to go!

We just finished up our second week of school and I am exhausted! I'm trying to put family first and leaving by 4:00 each day. It's not working out so well plus I don't know if it counts much when I get there at 7:00 each morning! I need to get in a groove or just STOP when enough is enough!

Serena is adjusting (slowly) to Garehime Elementary. She had a hard first week with lots of tears, but the second week went much better. I'm out a Webkin here, some ice cream there - whatever works as a bribe! Her teacher seems very nice and has been very helpful with the transition.

Ciara is going like any other day. It's almost like we didn't stop for summer. She doesn't love school, but she LOVES the social aspect of it! Heaven forbid that we don't get there the moment the doors open in the morning so she can spend that time hanging out with her friends!

We continue to plug away at it all as I patiently wait for an assistant principal position that is right for me. I'm working for the region administration this week in helping another school write their school improvement plan. More work . . . but work that couldn't be turned down. Anything to get my name out there!

No comments: