19 September 2008

September Update

It has been so long since I've had a chance to update our blog. School is consuming every waking (and sleeping) moment of my day - meaning that I have a notepad by the side of the bed and have been known to sketch out a new seating arrangement or jot down an idea in the middle of the night. The life of a teacher is a crazy one! My class is doing better. They are a bit more social than I would like, but I think I've got it under control for now - after moving desks around 3 times in 3 weeks.

I am part of a State Support Team for another elementary school which means I am meeting a few days a month with a team of people to assist another elementary school in creating a school improvement plan. This school has not made AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress) for the past 4 years so they are required to bring in a state team and completely overhaul the whole thing. It is unfortunate for the school because there is typically a replacement of the principal and several teachers. We are looking at them through a magnifying glass. It wouldn't be a job that I would choose, but it is a good experience for me in the future.

The girls have been busy with school as well. They are both doing great. Ciara is getting ready to try out for Dance next week at Molasky. Serena is still involved with Brownies. They are both taking Hip Hop on Monday nights too. We are so busy during the week with homework, etc. that there's little time for anything else. I definitely enjoy the weekends!

Bill continues to work with Ray but is ready to try a new adventure. He is starting an Ebay business by selling electronics, etc. He is antsy to try something different so we hope this is successful for him.

That's all for now. It's 6:00 a.m. on a school day so off I go!

No comments: