Our backyard is very colorful and beautiful in the spring. The cacti have begun to bloom for the first time. We have a cactus garden on our patio table with about 6 different kinds of cacti in it. One of them is in full bloom with a crown of bright pink flowers. It has never bloomed before so we were shocked to see so many of them around the tip of it.
We have another one that is much larger and is in a big pot. This one is beautiful to look at, but the worst thing to touch!!!! It has the tiniest thorns that are nealy impossible to get out if you get them stuck in your hand. When we planted it a few years ago, I used some gloves to I wouldn't get pricked. WRONG! For whatever reason, I never threw the gloves out and when I was planting the vegetable garden this year, I accidentally picked up those same gloves and were covered in thorns again without even getting near the cactus. They quickly ended up in the trash! This cactus had begun to get buds on it near the very top. Those buds turned into bright yellow flowers. Very beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment