We had a very relaxing day at home on Christmas Eve. I did a little bit of shopping in the morning. The afternoon was spent being lazy. I had gotten most of our Christmas cards out earlier in the week. The presents were wrapped and just waiting to be ripped open. My family tradition growing up was to have Oyster Stew for dinner on Christmas Eve. It wasn't a taste I really acquired so I'm not following that tradition with my own family. We usually have some sort of seafood though. This year I made clam chowder. After dinner we went to church. Canyon Ridge Christian Church is an awesome church. I love the music, the speakers, EVERYTHING about it. Each year they have "Operation Doughnut" on Christmas Eve. They deliver hundreds of dozens of doughnuts to employees in the Las Vegas valley who have to work on that special night. Last year we delivered a dozen to a gas station near our house. All of them had gotten delivered by the time we got to church this year. After church we headed home to open gifts.
We had such a nice night. Without living near family, we have to find ways to build our own traditions with just our family. It's not like when Bill or I grew up, but we are very happy creating our own family memories each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment