Friday, November 7, 2008
This was the last day of my career as a teacher. I had to tell my students at the end of the day that I would no longer be with them. I decided to read the book "Vice Principal from the Black Lagoon" as a way to lead into my announcement. After reading the book, I started to tear up a little and told them that starting next week, I would be working at a different school as an vice principal. My students had mixed emotions - some were tearing up along with me, a few were in full blown sobs, and a few were giving each other a high five (PUNKS!). Either way, it was my way of saying farewell to a class that I had come to really enjoy. By the end of the day, my students had told everyone that I was going to become a new Vice "President". (Being we just got a new president a few days ago, it only makes sense for me to be his Assistant.) Hmmmm.... from the classroom to the White House. Now, that's a jump. A little confusion on their part!
My plan is to go back next Friday for a farewell party to see them one last time and say goodbye to the parents. Now I have a busy weekend ahead of me of packing up and working on report cards! I'll sure miss these students!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment