Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
02 November 2009
Halloween Week at Goynes E.S.
Halloween week at school was a busy week. We finished the week before with the Fall Festival and I decided to start a Secret Boo to go around school. How it works is that people leave a small gift in a teacher's mailbox along with a picture of a ghost and instructions of what to do. I decided to get it rolling by giving 5 people gifts. After a few days, our office manager was ready to deliver her gifts and I teased that it wasn't fair that I started this silly ghost traveling around the school but I hadn't been Boo'd yet. Well, she wanted to include me so she gave me a Halloween secret ghost.
Well, I don't know who else was listening but I had presents outside my door EVERY DAY. Not just one, but several gifts. On the first day I got some candy and a fall wreath. The next day I got a cute Halloween place mat and more candy. By Thursday, I had two flower arrangements, a cute bowl with some soup (I was just getting over a cold), and a mug with hot chocolate. It was very comical but sweet of whoever was my secret ghost for the entire week!
On Thursday, we had our Halloween parade at school. For the Fall Festival as well as the parade, I decided to dress up as a picnic table this year. I was inspired by a former colleague of mine as well as a little research on the Internet. Serena helped me make the costume. I started by cutting a hole for my head in the center of some poster board . I covered the poster board with the red and white table cloth. We then glued ants all over the table cloth to make it look like they were crawling in a line. We added paper plates, sandwiches with a bite taken out of it, and a soda can with a plastic dragonfly sitting on top. I finished the ensemble with a nice colorful umbrella hat. It was pretty cute and I got many compliments on the silly outfit. Now, what will I be next year?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment