29 November 2009

Black Friday

I have been wanting a Coach bag for a very long time, but it's hard to justify spending that kind of money for a handbag. Well, Black Friday was the day for a big sale at the Coach Outlet. They opened at midnight so after leaving the Nowaks on Thankgiving, we found ourselves heading down to the outlet mall. Ciara wanted to go also and Bill agreed to tag along. I was thankful for the company - I didn't want to be walking across an 'empty' parking lot at midnight to get to a mall! Well, no problem there . . .

Traffic was backed up for MILES just to get off of the freeway at the Charleston exit. It was CRAZY! We decided to go past the exit to the next one and back track. As we neared the outlet mall, we were at a stand still. It was nearing 1:00 and we were still sitting in traffic! People were just getting out of their cars and walking. We had to attempt to get a little bit closer. By now Serena had fallen asleep - can't blame her, this was one of the stupidest things I've attempted recently. We decided that if we could get anywhere close to the outlet mall, Bill would just drop me and Ciara off so we could check out the Coach store. The parking lot was FARRRRR from empty!

We finally found a break by going around the back side of the mall. People were parked in the craziest places! Ciara and I jumped out of the car and headed to the Coach store. Well, well, well . . . we weren't anticipating a LINE OF OVER 100 PEOPLE just waiting to get INTO the store!!! I have never seen anything like it. I was NOT about to stand in a line for hours on end just to get into the store. The outlet mall was packed, the Coach store was packed, and I had enough. It was 1:30 in the morning and I was ready to go home - empty handed!

The sale at the Coach store went on for the entire weekend so we headed back down to the mall on Saturday night to give it another try. Wallah - that was the trick! We walked right into the Coach store. Now to decide what to get. Most of the handbags were 50% off AND had an additional 20% off for the Thanksgiving weekend. Hard to pass up, let me tell you! It took me about an hour to decide what the right bag would be for me. I settled for the Coach Carly bag - it is similar to this one except mine is in brown fabric! I love it!

No comments: