My mom moved onto another chapter in her life on April 17, 2010. She married a man she met in August named Bill Knodel. They were married at J.C. Callaways in Sioux Falls, SD. The ceremony was at 4:00 at a beautiful location. It was right on a golf course and the weather was beautiful. Her pastor from Watertown, Roger Spahr, officiated the ceremony. They were both surrounded by family that loves them.
Mom got ready for the ceremony in my hotel room. We laughed as she put on all of her 'garments' and talked about how she was becoming her mother. Yep, so am I. :o)It was nice to get everyone together for family pictures after the ceremony.We took a few family pictures with Bill after the wedding.
In this picture are Grandpa John, Von, Grandma, Harold, Mom, Buryl, and Bill.
Bill's family was so kind to us!! We were able to meet them for a few minutes at the hotel before the ceremony. Bill has three children and they were all able to attend the wedding with their families . . . Todd and Vicki and their two children from Yankton, SD; Michael and Tanya and their twin 4 year old boys from San Diego, CA; and Tim and Kelly and their three children from Wisconsin. I was very apprehensive about the whole event until I met Bill and his children. It set my mind at ease! I feel blessed to have another extended family and hope that we will all be able to keep in touch and one day see each other again!
It was great to see Paula and Doug!! I hadn't seen Paula in almost 2 years so we had lots of catching up to do. She picked me up from the airport a few days earlier so we talked non-stop all the way to Watertown. Doug is so witty - Paula found a good match for her!! The morning after the wedding, we were all eating breakfast in the lobby of the hotel. As Doug arrived, he walked right up to Mom and Bill and asked, "So, how's married life?" It was rather funny given 'married life' had only begun 12 hours before!
Paula and I outside of the restaurant.
My brother, Doug, and his family (Kelly, Doug, Lisa).
It was great seeing my grandma! I try to see her every time I get to South Dakota. It's hard to believe that she's going to be 90 very soon. She gets around pretty well with her cane. I love giving her a hard time and teasing her! :o)
Everyone headed their separate ways on Sunday. Mom and Bill headed out to the Black Hills for their honeymoon. I stayed around another day so I went over to Pete and Von's house for the night. It was nice to spend one more day with all of my aunts and uncles and a few cousins. Till next time. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment