15 July 2008

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's 40!!!!

I reached the next milestone in my life - the BIG 4-0!! On the actual day of my birthday, my friend, Tammy, invited the girls and I over to their house for dinner (Bill had to work). This was quite a feat because cooking is Tammy's LEAST favorite thing to do in the world. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and some Sangria with great friends. On July 13, Bill told me that we had dinner reservations for that evening at a place called Firefly. It is a unique little restaurant in Las Vegas that serves only tapas. I had heard of it, but I'd never been there before. When Bill asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him that there's nothing that I need or want. I have jewelry, clothes, nice things - all that a girl could ask for! All I want are more memories that we can create together. Well, memories it is!! When we walked into Firefly, I was greeted by 12 of my closest friends. It was such a SURPRISE!!! We had such a great time - delicious food and many pitchers of refreshing Sangria!! Hmm.... I'm sensing a trend here. Could it be Sangria??? Cheers everyone!

Good Friends and Good Food
Bridget, me, Judy M., Tina, Judy P., Jen, Tilson, & Bill
Bill, Steve, Steve, Scott, & John

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun surprise!!!