The last day in Dana Point was kind of a hodge-podge of activities. Bill got up early to find somewhere to buy a new tire. We didn't want to chance it on the 5 hour ride back home considering what happened a few days ago. It didn't take long before he was back. We checked out of the room and headed up to the cliff area of Dana Point.

When you look down from the cliff, you can see the beautiful harbor below. Because it is a bay area that is separated by a pier of rocks, the water is very calm. Lots of people were out in kayaks or paddle boarding. I've decided that I'd love to try to paddle board sometime. You stand on top of a board (similar to a surf board) and float along with a long paddle to help guide you and push you along.
After sight seeing from the cliff, we headed back down to the beach area. We found a spot where the waves were crashing to the shore. The girls played in the waves while Bill and I checked out the nearby tide pool. We didn't really find anything other than some nice shells and smoothly polished rocks.
Our final stop was to A's Burgers which claimed to have the best burgers in Dana Point. I think I'd have to agree. The place was a complete dump but the food was great! The burgers came with fried zucchini. Yummy! By about 1:00 we were on the road back to Vegas. Spring Break is almost over. One more day (Easter Sunday) and we are all back to our familiar rat race routines again.
No comments:
Post a Comment