While I submitted 2 or 3 recipes, my mom's recipe for Pork Satay is the one that got published. I can't take the credit for creating the recipe (only submitting it) because it wasn't even mine to begin with - in fact, my mom said that she got the recipe from a package years ago! Anyway, the publishers of the magazine did a little adjusting to the recipe in order for it to fit their Healthy Cooking magazine. It's kind of impressive - my picture and all are in the magazine! I don't remember eating this all that much as a kid, but once I'd become an adult, I remember visiting South Dakota and my dad put these on skewers and cooked them on the grill. I'm sure that Mom was in charge of the actual peanut sauce. Our family actually likes it with chicken better than with pork!
No comments:
Post a Comment