05 December 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Our house is beginning to look like Christmas is around the corner. Serena and I tend to be the ones in charge of decorating. It seems as if Ciara and Bill always find something else to do when we start hauling out the decorating boxes.

We bought an artificial tree last year right after Thanksgiving. We had put up real trees for years before that but I was getting tired of the brittle needles after 5 days of putting the thing up. We decided to get a pencil tree this time - very tall and slender. The good part is that I don't have to move a lot of furniture when I put it up.

We also put up some lights outside to go around the pillars and over the bushes. We are nowhere near the Grizwalds for Christmas but there's only about 2 other houses on our street that even bother to decorate. We've discorvered that there are a lot of Scrooges on Raindrop Canyon Avenue!

No comments: